May 2, 2011

A Mama & Daughter Moment

I woke my baby doll up this morning and, as usual, she groaned quietly, refusing to open her eyes. So I rolled her over and got her dressed in her half-asleep state. When she finally sat up, eyes still closed, she quickly nestled herself into my lap and snuggled her face into that crook in my neck that always seems to fit just right.

"She's so big," I thought to my self. "But I already know that I'll let her do this for as long as she wants to."

I let my mind roam to the not-so-distant future, to boys & shopping, car keys & braces. And there's something that tells me that, no matter how grown my baby gets, we'll still share brief moments like this one. And they'll remain buried in my heart forever. So here's to beautiful Mama & Daughter moments. Cherish them, always.

Mothers & Daughters Storyboard


With Mother's Day quickly approaching, we've reached that time of year when our kids pick us dandelions, give us homemade cards made from construction paper & markers, and shower us with more hugs than we thought our arms could hold. It's the perfect time to reflect on girlhood dreams, wondering what it would be like to have a baby, wanting to experience that rite of passage. It's a time to rekindle the passion that was birthed in our hearts the first time we laid eyes on our tiny treasures. It's a time to inhale the sweet fragrance of motherhood.


Live in Love,
}:{ Keda }:{

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP