Sep 23, 2010

What's In a Name? }:{ Jaden Knight

Jaden - "God has heard"
Knight - "Warrior" or "Champion"

Five years ago on September 19th, my little warrior took his first breath. He entered this world forcefully and was met with the screams of a mother in unbelievable pain.

100_1323

100_1328

Maybe he took his cues from the first sounds he heard out of me. Maybe he knew the meaning of his name. Maybe it's in his DNA. But whatever the case, Jaden Knight was born a fighter. He fought to enter this world (and did some damage in the process)...he made it his routine to scream nightly for at least an hour for the first few months of his little life...and he's perfected the art of pushing my buttons. If nothing else gets me to pray, Ja will. I pray for patience, for wisdom and for peace, both for me and for him.

There were many times when things were so stressful, due to Jaden's behavior, that I found it difficult to remember the good times. But when I take time to really look at my boy through eyes of love, instead of eyes of stress or fatigue or frustration, I am able to see him for who he really is. He is a strong-willed, loving, funny, intelligent boy with a heart of gold. He knows how to make me laugh like nobody's business, and I love him to pieces for it. His quick wit and the way his mind works, at only five years old, amazes me daily. I can't wait to see the man he grows up to be.

100_1406

Day 58/365: look at that mama

So, to my warrior, my little champion, I know there are great things in store for you. I know that you will fight your way to your destiny. I know that when you begin to call out to God for his guidance and direction, He will hear you every time. In the meantime, I'll do it for you. Mama loves you, JKnight.

Live in Love,
}:{ Keda }:{



Jaden

Jaden_diptych

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP