Sep 10, 2010

What's In a Name? }:{ Nessaja Camille

It was a Friday. I was exhausted and just a bit loopy. But it was a day that forever changed my life. On April 18, 2003, I met the most exquisite, delicate, breathtaking creature to ever have crossed my path. It was the day my Baby Doll entered my life.

100_0038

56

158

My obsession with butterflies demanded that my little girl's name reflect just that. Nessaea is a genus of butterfly that lives in the Neotropical Ecozone, which includes Central & South America, Southern Mexico, the Caribbean Islands and Florida. It didn't hurt that Nessaeas are beautiful, some with jet black wings adorned with bold splashes of turquoise. A fitting name for such a treasure.

There is some debate as to the meaning of the name "Camille." Some say it means perfect or unblemished character. Now, you know I'm not saying that Saja is perfect, but she has one of the sweetest hearts I've come across in a long time. I admire her character. She sincerely cares about the feelings and well-being of others, sometimes too much. I often struggle with teaching her balance and how to keep her soft heart without losing herself in the process. Others say it means altar server/attendant of religious ceremonies. I truly believe that, even now, Saja has a heart for God. She's often my nudge to make my way to church on days when other things have creeped their way to the top of the "to do" list. No matter the meaning, "Camille" works for my girl.

So, here's to my beautiful, delicate, breathtaking princess. Mama loves you and the young lady you're transforming into.

Live in Love,
}:{ Keda }:{



River Lily

Arawak Princess

twirl

1 comments:

Elena September 10, 2010 at 2:09 PM  

Gorgeous. She's a beautiful girl, inside and out!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP