Jul 4, 2012

Two Hearts in Harmony {Karita & Johnnie}

There are only two people in this world who star in the majority of my fondest childhood memories. So when one of those lovely people informed me that she was getting married, there was no way in the world that I would have missed it.

My cousin Kay and I were inseparable whenever we got the chance to see each other. Even our names linked us together ~ Rakeda Rianna & Karita Tiana. When we laughed so hard that our sides ached and when we fought so hard that we cried (ok, maybe it was me who did the crying) the bond between us never weakened. Through distance, misunderstandings and growing pains, she remains one of the most important people on this Earth to me.

Since Kay and Johnnie reside in Columbia, Missouri, I got the chance to revisit my old stomping grounds (Go, Tigers!). I hadn't been there in ages and my Lord, a lot has changed! When I arrived at Kay's home, the ladies were quietly buzzing about making final preparations. Kay was fabulous, as always, and her style, impeccable...I expected no less.

Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Once we made our way to Urban Empowerment Ministries, a church in Columbia where both Karita & Johnnie serve as Elders and Ministers of Music, the anticipation was almost tangible. Splashes of garnet and cream greeted me as I entered the building, and I found Johnnie, patiently awaiting the moment when he could finally call Kay his wife. Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie As the time continued to tick away, bringing closer the beginning of a new chapter in love, friends and family couldn't help but shed tears of joy. Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie In all of our countless hours together, I can honestly say that I have never, ever seen my cousin so happy. Karita & Johnnie Heartfelt words of wisdom were shared and sincere prayers of unity were offered for both the bride and groom. Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie And then...the time had come... Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie It was quite a task for me to keep it together as Kay & Johnnie shared their vows. To hear of the love they share in their own words was so beautiful. I know my cheeks got a workout from smiling as much as I did that day. Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie The new Mrs. couldn't help but show off her shoes... Karita & Johnnie What a beautiful family. Karita & Johnnie After the ceremony, we took a little detour to Stephens Park where Johnnie proposed to Kay. Cousin, may I say that you are absolutely gorgeous. And you've nabbed yourself quite the handsome gentleman. I'm so happy for you both. Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Finally, we made our way to the Columbia College campus for a reception filled with family, friends, joy and laughter. Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie Karita & Johnnie To my beautiful cousins...love and marriage is a challenging, rewarding journey. Hold on to each other tightly, and never let go. Live in Love ~ Keda Karita & Johnnie

2 comments:

Ayesha July 19, 2012 at 11:47 AM  

OMG!!!! LOVE!!!! Keda you did an amazing job! SO happy for these guys, hate I missed it!

JustSeyeBeauty January 3, 2013 at 8:06 AM  

Absolutely gorgeous pics! Such a great occasion and you captured it so well! :0)



~Janaire

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP